Wednesday, October 21, 2009

First Run + Yoga

I finally went running yesterday! I accepted Jen's request to accompany her on some of her final workouts before the Ironman and am so glad that I did so. I'm usually not the run w/others type of girl (I know, I suck) but we had a great time. Kept an easy nice pace and chatted the whole way. Weather was great and it was also fun to be back on the river path. I missed Springwater!

7.2 miles
8:51 pace

Then about an hour afterward I headed to my first yoga class in a while. I figured it'd be perfect right after my first run since the marathon. Alas, it wasn't. It was okay, but my hips and all of my old lady joints were already hurting from the run. The instructor ("Sweethome") did some chanting then silence....and silence.... I was beginning to think she (or I?) may have fallen asleep but then we leapt into some crazy stuff. Seriously - 0 to 150 in no time. All of a sudden I was contorted, I mean TRYING to contort into some crazy sheisse. Regardless it was fun and I'm glad I got out.

I'm sore today and going to attempt for a 3-4 mile easy run around lunchtime. I need to get outside of my house. For those of you that don't know I work from home and I am starting to hate it. I am having a big crisis w/my career and need to make something happen.

2 comments:

Amy - the gazelle said...

I am so sorry about your career crisis. I hope that can figure out an acceptable solution soon. No one needs that kind of stress in their lives.

Way to get back into the running! I am still having problems with that. I've run a couple of times, but not far. It's been sucky lately.

jen said...

Thanks so much for coming running with me! Looking forward to Friday.

I like your new banner!