Thursday, March 11, 2010

Babies, Doobies and (of course) Nancy Kerrigan

I just ran 12 miles in cold pouring rain on a THURSDAY. I don't know why but doing it on Thursday makes it feel even more nonsensical. My fingers a numb and swollen and making it hard to type. I am so glad this run is done. I've gotten in the habit of skipping at least one important run per week and so far I've done all right.

Well, ok. Yesterday I had a 10 mile VO2 Max run that I was promising myself I'd skip. But I made a plea bargain w/myself and did the 5 x 1000 repeats on the track and ran home. So I only ran 5.6 miles but i still did the speedwork. It all worked out very well and both parties were pleased.

I do have an injury that's been nagging me and going up and down on the pain scale. I have a shin split in my inner left ankle that smarts like the dickens. (That is a term that my Wisconsin grandma would have used.) Last night for about 5 minutes it felt like someone was taking a baseball bat to it. It was ridiculous. Then immediately it went back to a level 2 pain. I don't get it. Anyway, I'm trying to ice it at least once/day and just ignore it. Isn't that how we're supposed to deal w/injuries?

Tomorrow is d-day and I really need to smoke a doobie to calm myself down. Too bad I don't smoke doobies. I guess I'll opt for a glass of wine.

Is it just me or is everyone getting pregnant right now? I am so happy for everyone but I think I'm still in denial about growing up. When will this end?

PS - my run tonight was at a decent pace. I don't know the total average but I'd guess 8:20? I felt strong and good despite the cold and damp.

That's it for now. Biyee.

5 comments:

KK said...

Ha, "Biyee." Love it.

What about Nancy Kerrigan?

Nice job getting it done. Especially in the crap-ass weather. Those are long runs for the middle of the week and bad weather only makes them more hatable. Sorry to hear about your injury-I hope you can manage it through race day.

jen said...

Missed you on my own lonely 12 miler. I ran like a minute per mile slower though so probably a good thing for you!

We have celebrating to do my lady.

Alisa said...

D-day as in decision day? B/c I thought the actual d-day was in June? I'm confused.

Good job on the 12'er maybe someday I'll be able to blog about how I just ran 12 miles on a Thursday---for now, not so much.

Take care of that shin!

Anonymous said...

Haha the smoke a doobie part made me laugh out loud for real!

Marathon Maritza said...

My only suggestion is you only pick one or the other between smoking a doobie and having a baby. :)

D-day! DEETS!