Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gates' Gate

What better way to wait out traffic than to go for a lovely run through Medina, then take a dip in Lake Washington as the sun sets, eh?

Mile 1 = 9:31
Mile 2 = 9:09
Mile 3 = 8:56
Mile 4 = 7:37
last 0.2 = 6:37 pace

Total Miles = 4.2
Average Pace = 8:42

Talk about negative splits! There were a lot of downhills on the way back, but plenty of uphills too. Afterwards we jumped in the lake and watched the sun set. However, traffic was still bad at 8pm. Thanks again Seattle!

2 comments:

Marathon Maritza said...

I feel a monstruous comment coming on, but it's your own fault for waiting so long to update!

Imagine my surprise when I logged on after 2 days in out-of-the-office training to find like a million posts from you! YAY!

I'm so excited about your race and I'm sure you will do GREAT! I can't believe how well you did on your 20-miler despite no food or water planning. Good for you, but that is NOT what you want to do, Missy. Not only should you be hydrating and eating before your runs, but DURING also. It will make such a difference in your running, not that you aren't already kicking ass. But you won't feel the I-want-to-die feeling.

Glad the ice baths are working, too! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jen said...

Yay!!! Maritza told me you'd updated (I'd stopped checking, is that harsh or what?!) and oh the joy of several new posts!!!

I'll be brief:

1) you rock!

2) Not only do you need to eat something BEFORE and DURING your runs, but I suspect you started off a bit fast on your 20 miler. Better to have a slow first few miles and finish strong. They say 30 seconds-1 minute slower than goal pace. It should feel really easy for like the first hour!

3) I'll be checking back! :)

Great job Emily!!