Tuesday, September 04, 2007

9/2 - You’re in the West now, Baby

My Garmin was not charged and I couldn’t find my Timex watch, so today I ran unassisted. It was weird to do that since I’ve become so dependent on the tools, yet completely relaxing. I ran from the cabin down to the Columbia to see where the natives draw their salmon from. Almost got hit by a long speeding train, got a friendly toot & wave from the train’s engineer. It was a short quick run, probably about 3.5 miles.

I have sadly pieced together the outcome of my training thus far and am extremely disappointed. My school and work schedule are largely to blame, but the blame ultimately lies with you know who. I’ll give myself credit for doing the long runs w/o much training behind them, and also for showing up over the past couple of weeks.

















My shoes are at about 250 miles and will definitely be too broken in by race day. I’m going to start on another pair to take the pressure off.

No comments: