Monday, February 23, 2009

Day One of Many

This may be my last post for a few days - I am going to drive up to Seattle tomorrow for a couple of days for work. This may or may not affect my training plan but I'm going to do my best to switch around my week to make it all work.

Speaking of the training plan...I received my first week yesterday and it is a doozy! Starting with today which I think is an "easy day" - strength training (uppers and lowers) + 5 mile easy run + stretching or yoga. Ooookay? So I did it. I did 30 minutes of at-home strength training. Then I went to bikram today with the Gazelle (thanks for the ride!) - don't forget to wish her a happy birthday tomorrow. Then I changed into dry clothes and ran 5.2 miles.

During the run all I could think about was F O O D. But I took it easy and did about 9:37 miles. My ankle is still smarting, but in a strange way....it hurts for a couple of minutes, then totally eases up for about a minute, then back at it again. I don't get it. Does anyone know what this injury is? I am icing it right now.

I feel like I had a lot more to say but I lost it. I suck.

Have a great week!

8 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

Hope work goes well and the ankle heals! maybe this work trip is just what you need to get a day off and the ankle back to normal!

Alisa said...

Wow a 3-fer! Someday I'll get there. I think I need to start 2-fers so I actually DO my strength training.

Sorry about the ankle---ouchies!

Enjoy Seattle. Maybe see you at Bikram in the next couple of weeks.

Denise said...

Sounds like a good workout! Enjoy your work trip, keep that ankle healthy!

Amy - the gazelle said...

you're completely crazy! Also very impressive! I'm in awe of your superior workout prowess.

I hope you have a great trip! It was great to yoga with you yesterday.

jen said...

No advice on that injury... maybe you ought to see a doc? I'm sure it's nothing serious but you might get some good advice. The good thing about tri training is the swimming and biking are low-impact so your body doesn't suffer as much.

Have fun in Seattle!!

Sarah said...

Enjoy Seattle - although I'm totally going to miss you tonight at happy hour! Who is going to eat the cheese plate with me??

Amy said...

Have fun in Seattle! And way to go on your first official training day. It'll become "nornal" in no time.

P.O.M. said...

WOW!!!
I remember the days of running and bikram double doses. Now my lazy butt is lucky if I get ONE thing in.