Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Recap

Lots of action since last Thursday. Thursday night I stayed up so late that I felt assy on Friday and didn't do anything! Bad runner. I did go out for a fun night of piano concerts, dinner and post dinner jazz. It was all totally unplanned and fun.

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early and decided to go to the 9 a.m. bikram class. After this I literally high-tailed it over to my friends house to go running. She ran her FIRST EVER 3 miles outside! We did it on the track and went at about a 10:00 pace and she rocked it. It is fun to introduce people to running that have the tendency to hate it. I think if she keeps doing it she'll become a pro in no time. After that we commenced with our "day of sloth" which involved a lot of cheese, champagne and bad TV. It was awesome.

Unfortunately I didn't manage my food or water intake well and woke up feeling totally shitty on Sunday. I didn't think I'd be able to do anything. Around 5 p.m. my roommate convinced me to go on a run with him - an alternate route! I never stray from my norm so I was a little apprehensive, but it turned out to be fun. We went up into the Rose Garden and through Washington Park on the road and on trails. I did a pretty good job considering how crappy I'd felt earlier in the day. I did have some stomach issues (again) and some weird pains in my lower back/right side, but it all turned out okay. We ended up doing 7.2 miles at a 9:05 pace. I iced my ankle after this but woke up with it hurting more than normal today.

Next up: weekly goal re-cap, this week's goals, wedding advice and.....MY NEW TRAINING PLAN!!!

7 comments:

jen said...

Ooh can't wait to see the training plan! Sounds like a very fun weekend, I love that you ran with Anne and your roommate (hehe). :)

Amy - the gazelle said...

I used to work in Washington Park & love the trails all through there & down to the Rose Garden. I think I'm going to do a mid-day Washington Park run on Friday, in fact. Tomorrow is Forest Park near my house.

I would love to go to 4 PM Bikram today, but it will depend on if my car gets fixed (right now, it won't start, which is kind of a bummer if one wants to drive it).

Denise said...

Mmmm, champagne. My favorite!! I wish every day could be a sloth day!

Sarah said...

You're "roommate" sounds nice.

Alisa said...

Way to push through the hangover to a good run!

Marathon Maritza said...

Great job getting those runs done despite feeling poopy!!! Also, take care of that ankle!

I'm totally forgetting to take my vitamins...I miss Vitamin Club.
:(

Any tips so I stop forgetting???

Amy said...

Um, that sounds like a perfect day. Cheese, alcohol and bad tv?! I love it!