Sunday, March 01, 2009

Long Run - 10 miles

I did it. I regrouped and made it happen. Note to self: you always feel so much better when you run! Get out there and just do it, no matter how hard it is, it will be better in the end.

My training plan was to run 10 miles in zone 3 (which is 160-169 bpm/8:00-8:30 pace). Temps were high 40s and rainy/wet. I didn't wear enough clothing, but it was not too terrible; I did wear a hat which kept the water out of my eyes. I decided to not even try to pace myself or look at the Garmin until several miles in. Everything felt quite normal and fine through mile 6, when I decided that my pace had been too easy so I kicked it up a notch. I still didn't analyze my Garmin until mile 8.2, when I realized I was on pace to finish in 8/8:30 miles, which *surprise* was exactly where I should have been. Honestly, I thought that I was running much slower, like 9:00s so this was a nice surprise. I finished strong and that is the end.

The end except that my ankle is still stinging. Bastard.

Miles = 10
Pace = 8:13

3 comments:

jen said...

Awesome run. There is something scientific yet kind of magical that happens when we run that makes us feel better. I am glad to hear you got out there! Have a great week. :)

Aron said...

awesome run!!!! so glad it made you feel good too... that was a great pace!

Amy said...

Great job getting back out there!!!! Your splits were great too!