Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Faulpez! Schloffmuetzer!

My dad used to yell this at me in a German accent when I wouldn't wake up. Apparently this is the equivalent of calling someone a lazy bones or sleepyhead.

I AM SO LAZY.

I hate that I've taken three days off and working on four if I don't remove my ass from this chair. It has been cold in the apt from which I work and it makes me not want to go anywhere. Why would I when I can see the whole city from my window?

To jerk myself out of this I googled motivational quotes, let me share a few with you:


Quote:
The concept of total wellness recognizes that our every thought, word, and behavior affects our greater health and well-being. And we, in turn, are affected not only emotionally but also physically and spiritually.
Author:
Greg Anderson


Quote:
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Author:
Aristotle


Quote:
Don't make excuses--make good.
Author:
Elbert Hubbard


Quote:
The cure for grief is motion.
Author:
Elbert Hubbard


Quote:
We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action.
Author:
Frank Tibolt


Quote:
Do the thing you fear, and the death of fear is certain.
Author:
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Quote:
Life wastes itself while we are preparing to live.
Author:
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Quote:
Sometimes we become locked into a short-term pattern of reacting to immediate needs and missing the long-term benefits of positioning ourselves to deal with more important life issues and priorities.
Author:
Eric Allenbaugh


Quote:
Progress is the activity of today and the assurance of tomorrow.
Author:
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Quote:
He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence.
Author:
William Blake

Blah blah blah...I gotta get outta here.

1 comment:

P.O.M. said...

I have been a serious Falpez Schloffmuetzer this week. But starting tomorrow it all changes :)