Monday, October 13, 2008

Good Old Days

I have been running for a long long time. I scrapped these photos from the glory days back at T.L. Handy Intermediate and Bay City Central High School for your viewing plaisure. I took pictures of these pictures while I was visiting home (Michigan) this year. It is kind of taking me a while so I'll spread these out across posts.

Have fun!


This puts us in 8th grade, so Spring of 1991. The quality here is horrible, but you can still distinguish the big hair - I am 2nd from the left in the 2nd row. Our shirts said "No Speed Limit" - because that's just how we rolled. I think we were the Wildcats. Our head coach was Jolie Doty and that guy was her boyfriend. They were only like 22 years old at the time but they seemed so old and awesome. I ran everything from the 100 m dash to hurdles to the 800. Our schools consolidated the year prior so we had inherited this awesome facility that used to be the high school's. The track was great, the pool was great too. I swam this year too but haven't found any pics.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Ahhh yes, the good ol days.

I wasn't really a runner in HS...I played water polo and swam. I didn't catch the running bug til midway through college. But now I look back at my first 5k's and think "those were the days." Nothing was achy I was consistently running 9 min miles (which isn't fast but faster than my 10:30-11:00 mm now).

I like to think that each stage in life has a bit of "glory" in it.