Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Have Potential

Before I post anything else I must brag about my most recent acquisition...

A custom Elizabeth Dye bolero for my wedding, made from my mom's wedding dress!



Isn't it just about the most darling thing that you could imagine? I mean, honestly. My mom dropped off this dress when we met up recently and we had fits of laughter trying it on. The dress was quite lovely in 1969, but not on me, and not today. (I'll publish those photos in a different post.)
I took the dress into E. Dye, who owns The English Dept, in Portland and she was like, "yep, no problem." She got some info on what I liked, I tried on some of her other creations and she said she'd do a designers choice. I love her work and trust her and was not let down.
If anyone has the need for a custom wedding, or really anything, please contact her. She's on Etsy as well and has many many accolades. I met a girl at the wedding I went to in Tahoe this weekend that's from Chicago and found out that she's been in contact with E. Dye for a custom jacket too. Needless to say, she is a great designer and a very easy person to deal with. For all of this gushing I think I must admit a crush!




6 comments:

J said...

oh my gosh that is so beautiful and its from your moms dress...what a great idea!

Jeri said...

holy wow, that's BEAUTIFUL. very unique and a cool way to tie her dress into your day. :)

Denise said...

That is so pretty!! And how special to use your mom's wedding dress.

jen said...

Love it!!!! You're going to look so elegant!

Sarah said...

You're going to look so lovely on your wedding day!

Alisa said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!