- Weather: During my run it was ~40* and cloudy. I went out in 3/4 tights + short sleeve under a long sleeve and no hat.
- Legs: The bottoms felt fine and I think even if it is in the 30s tomorrow I'm going to go with these, just to make sure I don't overheat.
- Top: This was fine and what I'll do tomorrow, but I will add gloves. If I get hot I can ditch the gloves and roll up my sleeves.
- Dome: No hat was fine for temp control, but something has to be done about my growing hair. My hair is fine but there is a lot of it and my ponytail is swinging around like its in a cabaret show. Must tame. I am going to bring a hat with a brim in case it is raining cause I don't want that stuff in my eyes.
- Nutrition: I stopped and grabbed some Gu and Shot Bloks for the race tomorrow. I haven't completely decided what to eat for breakfast tomorrow, but want to consume it by about 2 hours before the race so it is totally digested. I'll probably just stick with toast or a bagel and maybe a scrambled egg. Water and some coffee for shiz. I may do some Gu or Shot Bloks right before the race. Along the course I'm going to bring some Shot Bloks and suck 3 down at the halfway point. For dinner tonight I'm going to eat something bland and pasta-y (pierogies anyone?). And I'm going to eat early, take a hot shower and get in bed!
- Pre-Race Plan: Jen, Zach and I should get to the start at 9:00, which will give us time to get our race packets, pin our numbers on (assuming they have them?) and start warming up. I've never been big on warming up because I'm usually so nervous I just want to chat and mildly freak out. But I think it is a good habit to get into so I'm going to follow the advice of the coach by spending about 10 minutes on drills (like before my track workouts), then running very lightly for 15 minutes, just to get the body warm and ready. I want to be done w/all that by 9:45 so we can get to the start. I guess that give me only 10 minutes to register and put my bib on but that should be fine.