Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Ridicularious

Back in the sweet saddle of procrastination. I am actively procrastinating many work-related items as we speak as well as my puny 3 mile easy run tonight. Thank god I have until tomorrow to do my mile repeats on the track!

I looked back at my times yesterday, still in disbelief at the 7:40 pace, wondering how I could re-calculate it to compensate for my downhill. I know that the uphill on the way back could sort of do it, but I decided to pretend that my first mile was a whole minute slower, which would add 12 seconds to my overall average pace. So I'm going to say that my pace for this run was actually 7:52 average pace. That is still okay right?

Popcorn has been on my mind for about 2 hours now and I can't handle it. I am definitely going to purchase some downstairs. I live in the same building as a big grocery store and it is way too easy. I decided that I would wait until returning from my 3 miles though, so I am showing a little restraint. I also am dying to max out on red wine alone tonight, but I will not. I must keep myself in good shape for my track workout tomorrow.

Yes, that is the plan.


Bonus picture of me on xmas day receiving a bizarre personalized t-shirt from my sister that says, "Going The Distance" then my full name. I sort of wish my social security number was on there too. PS - I'm doing a yoga pose that replicates the screen print too. My family is awesome.

5 comments:

Amy - the gazelle said...

My husband is out tonight, and he'll be lucky (and I won't be) if there is any wine left when he gets back.

Love the shirt :) And your shirt-display.

Sarah said...

I've been thinking about popcorn for weeks, but my air popper was stolen by my parents and I'm too lazy to go to Macys and get a new one. Enjoy yours for me!

Zach said...

That shirt made me think of that song by Cake "Going the Distance" - and it can totally be related to running:

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line,
Engines pumping and thumping in time.
The green light flashes, the flags goes up,
Churning and burning, they yern for the cup.

They deftly manouver and muscle for rank,
Fuel burning fast on an empty tank,
Wreckless and wild they pour thru the turns,
Their prowless is podent and secretly stern.

As they speed thru the finish the flags go down.
The fans get up, and get out of town.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can

He's going the distance.
He's going for speed.

Alisa said...

I love that shirt! Sooooo awesome!

Mmmm popcorn...I was thinking about popcorn yesterday and how I should stash some of those 100 calorie bags at work and make everyone jealous.

Alisa said...

P.S. I have that Cake song Zach referenced on my running playlist.