Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekly Goals - Recap

Goals for the week of 1/19/09 were:
  1. Watch the nutrition (track what I eat). Eat light, eat good shit...carbo load on Friday?
  2. Take vitamins every day
  3. Drink 64 oz of water each day
  4. Follow my training plan. This week it will be light, but I really need to focus on Trigger Point.
  5. Go to yoga once
  6. Drink VERY VERY moderately
  7. Don't freak out about work. (I think bad shit is about to go down and I'm NOT looking fwd to it.)
Here's how I did:
  1. Watch the nutrition (track what I eat). Eat light, eat good shit...carbo load on Friday? Done! I did fairly well here, managed to track most of what I ate and came in around 2200 calories per day. 2200 is the goal I'd had and what I estimated I'd need to just maintain my weight during the taper/less activity. Well, guess what? I gained at least a pound so I think this number was too high. I did feel like it was a lot of food, but now I guess I know. It is good to experiment.
  2. Take vitamins every day. Done!
  3. Drink 64 oz of water each day. Done!
  4. Follow my training plan. This week it will be light, but I really need to focus on Trigger Point. Done! I stretched a ton and did Trigger Point a lot. This was my last week of 'official' training. Now I'm lost...
  5. Go to yoga once. Fail(ish)! Even though I didn't accomplish this I hardly see it as a fail. I had only a couple of nights that I would have been able to go and it just didn't work out. Given all the stretching I did, I don't think missing yoga mattered.
  6. Drink VERY VERY moderately. Done! I had two beers during happy hour on Wednesday and that was it. Good work.
  7. Don't freak out about work. (I think bad shit is about to go down and I'm NOT looking fwd to it.) Done. While I didn't freak out, my premonitions were accurate and two people from our team were let go. Yikes!

No comments: