Monday, November 03, 2008

Apocalypse Eve

I love the rain. I love the rain. I love to run in the rain. I will feel the same way as I gear up, walk out the door and run in the rain. Right? Just keep on chanting...

I forgot to mention that over the weekend I registered for the CCRC Vancouver Lake Half Marathon on January 25th. Jen and I sourced it out the other day and she signed up too! I am really excited to have something real to train for and it is in a good time frame to get started now. Here is a pic of the where the race will take place:

(BTW...Mary Matalin has had some WORK done. Jesus.)

I met with my badass friend Shawn today to discuss coaching. It was great to talk about training with someone as enthusiastic about it as he is. We talked about some plans and ideas for training and he's going to help me out. I am really looking forward to working with him and can't wait to see where it takes me! I also gave him the link to this site, so HI SHAWN!!! Shawn is the leader of the crazy trail runners that I've been talking about, so you can see how passionate he is about this stuff.

Here are my goals for being a recipient of coaching:

1. Doing something fun and new
2. Taking this shit to the next level
3. Keep me motivated through the holidays and several visits from friends over the next few months.
4. Train specifically for the January 1/2 marathon

Not necessarily in that order, but those are some of my thoughts.

Some things that I should start doing - wear my HR monitor. I have the Garmin 305 which comes w/the HRM, but I rarely have used it. I probably tried it once when I got it then decided it was annoying. At that time I was satisfied with only a few metrics of measurement, and it kind of rubbed the wrong way, esp on the longer runs. Now, however, I think I could use the extra info and it can help with my overall training. I also need to do a time trial....5k anyone? This will help develop a baseline from which to gauge training.

Some other ideas that Shawn brought up are weight training and Trigger Point Therapy. There is a lot to hash out, but I'm very excited to get started!

Speaking of getting started, can't I just stay in tonight? I am cozy and it is cold and wet out and - look - starting to get dark. The jury is still out on this one, for now.

Peace!
eed

4 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Sweet! Another one up for a January half-marathon!!

And sorry that my "naked rock climbing sleeping shots" disturb you. HA!

;)

Marathon Maritza said...

When you talk about doing stuff together, I get jealous. I hate you bitches.

Emily said...

I know, I hate myself too! I know what the solution is....MOVE TO PORTLAND! I would LOVE it!

Aron said...

wow that will be such a pretty race!!! very awesome about the running coach too.