- 1 mile warm up/cool down
- Paces: 200s @ :45, 800s @ 3:25
- Rest: 200 @ 1:30, 800s @ 3:30
- Notes: Track workouts are high quality workouts. Always warm up and cool down really well. All intervals are laid out based on time. Don't worry about HR. Get used to pacing by feel and by checking my watch at the 200 mark. The rest is always split between jogging and walking. Always jog for half of the rest first and walk for the last half.
- 2x200 = :37, :41
- 3x800 = 3:21, 3:23, 3:19
- 2x200 = :39, :39
I talked w/my coach before heading out. I'd sent him panic messages about my fears for the travel and he helped talk me down. He also got me geared up for my workout so I headed out the door in really good spirits. Plus, it is a clear and gorgeous day out, so how can you beat that?
Adding to my plan for the wknd:
- Bring electrolyte powders to mix w/my water.
- Set cell phone alerts during the night on Saturday reminding me to keep myself together!
- If feeling horrific on Sunday, do not do the 9 miler. It will not turn out well and I could injure myself as a result of dehydration. I can always shift around my schedule to make things work.
- Use hotel treadmill if necessary.
- Life is too short to freak out about shit like this.